business is on the Greatness launch pad!
- Are your best people leading your best opportunities? Great companies put their best people on their biggest opportunities, not their biggest problems.
- Are your executives brutally honest? Great companies confront the brutal facts of their current reality. They create a culture where people have tremendous opportunity to be heard and, ultimately, for the truth to be heard.
- Can your employees explain why they are doing what they are doing?
- Do your employees believe your company is the best in the world at doing what it does? The key is to understand what your organization can be the best in the world at, and equally important, what it cannot be the best at – not what it wants to be the best at. This concept is not a goal, strategy or intention; it is an understanding.
- Are your employees energized? If you have the right people, they will be self-motivated. The key is not to de-motivate them.
- Is your team focussed on your economic denominator? If you could pick one and only one ratio – profit per x – to systematically increase over time, what x would have the greatest and most sustainable impact on your economic engine?
- Do you search a long time before selecting the right individual for your organization? When in doubt, don’t hire – keep looking.
- Do you quickly remove the wrong people from your organization? Great leaders begin the transformation by getting the right people on the bus and the wrong people off the bus.
- Do your company results speak for themselves?
- Do you have a great life?
Developed with acknowledgement to Good to Great by Jim Collins.